Varicose Vein Treatment[divider top=”10″ bottom=”30″ style=”line”]
Do you have veins that cause you to feel uncomfortable, self conscience and/or even pain?
Are you tired of trying everything to hide or ignore them but they just won’t go away?
At La Fontaine Source De Jeunesse Cosmetic Surgery Centre we can help you to get rid of those unsightly veins and help you feel better again!
Call today to book your complimentary consultation.
WHAT ARE VARICOSE VEINS?
Varicose Veins are Superficial veins that are dilated and tortuous. They are veins that no longer function properly because the valves of the vein are leaky, or the walls of the veins are weak.
This results in backward flow of blood and further dilation and deterioration of the veins (and circulation in general), which can often cause discomfort, complications and an unattractive appearance.
Blood in these faulty veins has found other channels to circulate though and will continue to do so.
There are three types of Varicose Veins:
- Large Varices – Truncular – The long saphenous vein and the short saphenous vein are the Trunk Veins.
- When they are varicosed they are removed surgically by a procedure called stripping. Their branches – the Truncular Veins when varicosed are treated with Sclerotheraphy.
- Medium Varices – Reticular – These varices are the greenish–blue network of veins that are visible beneath the skin. When they are fed by the truncular varices, the later must be injected first.
- This kind of vein can be treated with sclerotherapy. The reticular veins nourish the telangiectasias.
- Small Varices – Telangiectasias – These varicose veins are very tiny but the most highly visible.
- They can be red, blue, or purple in color.
- They respond well to sclerotherapy, but their nourishing veins, (the reticular veins) must be treated first.
What Are Some Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
Not all varicose veins are painful.
Pain may be in the form of heaviness, tiredness, burning or dragging sensation.
Discomfort often gets worse at the end of a day and in hot weather.
Night cramps in the legs may also occur. Pain may be worse just prior to and during menstruation and the beginning of pregnancy.
Hormonal factors account for some discomfort of varicose veins and is often relieved by rest and exercise.
There is not a direct correlation between the size of the vein and the degree of pain. In fact smaller veins are often more painful than larger ones.
The theory is that varicose veins are more painful at their outset as the walls of the veins are dilating.
Once the vein has reached full dilation, the pain tends to diminish although a heavy feeling may ensue.
How Did I Get Varicose Veins?
In most cases, heredity is the main cause of varicose veins.
Women are 3 times more likely to develop varicose veins than men do due to female hormonal factors.
Acquired varicose veins not related to heredity are the result of injury or inflammation.
Some of these factors are not the direct cause of varicose veins but they speed up their appearance and spread:
c) excessive heat and sun exposure;
d) prolonged standing;
e) orthopedic problems of the feet, hammer toes, flat feet, ill fitting shoes;
f) garters, girdles and corsets;
h) birth control pills.
What is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy Is a technique which involves injecting a sclerosing solution into the affected vein.
The solution irritates the lining of the wall of the vein. This low grade inflammatory response in the vein causes obstruction of the vein through sclerosis.
A fibrous cord forms along the path of the vein injected which may be felt after injection but completely disappears without leaving a trace.
Spider veins are the smallest sized veins that are injected and they do not have a fibrous cord after injection. Injection sclerotherapy is not a very painful procedure.
The needles used are very small and patients often say that injection feels like a mosquito bite.
Usually 20 injections are done each session.
A session lasts about 10 – 15 minutes.
To completely remove varicose veins, it usually varies between 6 – 12 sessions.
They are usually done at weekly intervals. Sclerotherapy is usually a permanent solution for the veins that have been injected.
Sclerotherapy cannot change heredity. In other words, new varicose veins can evolve and it is important to stay on top of them as they develop.
Is There A Solution For Varicose Veins?
YES! And you have come to the right place.
At La Fontaine Source De Jeunesse Cosmetic Surgery Centre we have had many years of success in relieving thousands of people of their varicose veins pain. We welcome you to come in for a complimentary consultation.
Call to schedule yours today
P.S. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL[callout type=”line-right” title=”Book an appointment
Call Us today @
(416) 962 4444” description=”Please tell us about yourself so we can better serve you.” button=”true” button_type=”gray” button_text=”Contact Us” button_link=”https://torontocosmeticsurgeryclinic.com/contact/”]