The Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic follows a strict policy for collecting, using, storing and protecting your personal information. If you do not agree with this policy, please refrain from using this site. We reserve the right to change this policy and will keep users apprised of changes by posting the revised policy on our Website. (Personal information is used according to the policy that was in place at the time the information was collected.)
The Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is a medical clinic. Therefore, we follow the guidelines of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, namely “Confidentiality of Personal Health Information,” which all physicians and medical offices follow. Any information about you, your health and your procedures is kept strictly private. Your medical records will not be shared with anyone without your prior knowledge and consent.
To ensure that personal health information is protected at all times, the Policy on confidentiality follows the Personal Health Information Protection Act 2004 (PHIPA).
Personal Health Information
Personal health information relates to:
- the physical or mental health of the individual, including information that contains the health history of the individual’s family,
- the providing of health care to the individual and includes identifying a person as a provider of health care to the individual,
- a plan of service within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Act, 1994 for the individual,
- the individual’s health card number,
- the identification of an individual’s substitute decision maker.
The doctors and staff of the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic act in accordance with their professional and legal obligations to establish and preserve trust in the relationship between the physician and the patient. They also strive to provide patients with the confidence that their personal health information will remain confidential, as patients who understand that their information will remain confidential are more likely to provide the doctor with complete and accurate health information. This, in turn, leads to better treatment advice from the doctor.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
The Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic is the sole owner of the information collected from the Toronto cosmetic Surgery Website. In order to use some parts of our website, users are required to complete a form that includes name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and so on. We only use this information for the reasons it was provided to us, namely contacting users with information about the services they expressed an interest in. We may also use this information to improve services for our users by customizing our site’s content.
If you no longer want to receive information and promotions from us, contact us by e-mail to request removal from the mailing list.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer that is linked to information about the user.
We use session cookies to help us recognize you if you use multiple pages on our site during the same session. The cookie ensures that you don’t have to enter your password numerous times. Once you leave our site the session cookie expires.
If you choose, you can turn off cookies in the settings of your Internet browser. Use of our site doesn’t require that cookies be accepted by you.
Web Log Files
Web log data tells us about the users visiting our site, but is not connected to any personally identifiable information. We use Web logs to track general user data on our site. This data is used only for researching trends and movements of visitors to our site to help us run it and for gathering broad demographic data about our site’s visitors. This data includes IP address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, number of clicks, time spent on site, time/date stamp and so on.
We do not share personal data with third-party sites without user consent. Exceptions happen under the following circumstances:
- When subpoenaed or requested to by court order.
- We are compelled to do so to comply with the law.
- When we believe in good faith that sharing said data is required to assist with law enforcement investigations or for reporting suspected illegal activity.
- When requested to do so by third–party contractors hired as part of our business operations, such as bill collectors, marketing firms and so on. These companies are required to use any data collected for its intended purpose only and not for their own gain.
We may share your information with other partners in the following limited situations:
In order to provide the delivery of products to you, we may share your information with the following partners:
- Credit reporting agencies, other financial institutions, data storage providers, data and payment processors, credit card printers, cheque printers, statement producers, claims processors, collection agencies, third party call centers, delivery.
- Companies and account administrators; companies that provide and administer insurance, membership and card registry services or other services that you may have requested.
- Other businesses within our group of companies.
To market and sell products and services offered by businesses within our group of companies, we may share your personal information with:
- Other businesses within our group of companies.
- Mailing houses, letter generators, sales and marketing agencies, organizations that provide and service our products or services.
We will not sell your personal information to any organization, for any purpose. You can choose not to receive personalized direct marketing communications.
The Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic has put a series of safeguards in place to protect your personal information. Encryption and firewalls keep information secure. Computers housing personal information are located in a secured environment and are only available to authorized staff. Access to personal information is only granted to employees who require it in order to do their job.
If you have a concern with regards to our services or invoicing, please contact our office. We will do our best to deal with any concerns to your satisfaction.
Questions and Contact Information